Posted to alt.home.repair
BETA-33[_2_] BETA-33[_2_] is offline

Default Adding a 2-wire receptacle with 12/2 wire

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
.....,
If there is no ground I would try to avoid attaching the ground wire to
the boxes. If you had an event that makes one box hot they will all become
hot. If you have a GFCI outlet and protected downstream grounded type
outlets all the outlet grounds will be hot. (But the GFCI should protect
you.) The bare ground wire could be insulated with tape.

Ahah! Thanks. I thought I remembered reading something about that
somewhere, but I wasn't sure. So, I was wondering if connecting the ground
wire to the metal could actually end up creating a potential hazard rather
than eliminating one.