Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default OT - Lead found in popular Hannah Montana items

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
It is happening again...why does this not surprise me.

From a consumer standpoint, how does one protect yourself from tainted
goods?

This applies to Chinese tools also.

TMT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- High levels of lead were found in various
items branded with Disney's (DIS, Fortune 500) popular Hannah Montana
character, the Center for Environmental Health said Tuesday.

Did you hear that there is exactly ONE inspector for ALL toys
for the ENTIRE US at the CSPC (Consumer Products Safety
Commission)? Just ONE overburdened guy who has to check out
EVERY kind of toy sold in the whole US? Totally INCREDIBLE!
No WONDER we can't catch this stuff before it is on the store
shelves.

Jon