Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Brits are utterly Daft....

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:59:24 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:06:12 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle900459.ece

Meanwhile, last I looked anyway, regulations required a fire
extinguisher every 25 feet in a slate mine in Wales. I've never seen
slate ignited, but it must be nasty!

Slate : Metamorphosed shale. ie. clay just how hot would it
have to be to be ignited? Wonder what is flamable in a
slate mine?
...lew...

Also Dust...

Almost any dust is explosive when the mixture is right.

But the original was about a fire extinguisher every 25 ft
and I don't see how those would be of any benefit for a
dust explosion.
...lew...(lets remember the original post in the thread)

Im not sure that rock dust IS flammable.

I doubt it, but the dust from drug snorting rockers certainly is.
;-)

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html