Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Durock meets Greenboard seams / what to mud with ?

"benick" wrote in message
Sheetrock Brand Durabond Setting Type Joint Compound. It comes in a bag
with varying setting times..45,90,210...You mix it in a CLEAN joint
compound bucket with CLEAN water with a drill and paddle. Make sure
paddle,tools,bucket are cleaned BEFORE it sets.And yes the durabond on the
paddle WILL set up HARD submerged in a bucket of water..LOL...Keep in mind
that Durabond CAN NOT BE SANDED so don't get carried away and ONLY use it
to embed the tape. Finish with regular joint compound...I use Durabond to
put ALL the tape on in a house as well as the first TIGHT coat on the
cornerbead..I don't get callbacks for cracks...LOL...

I agree with this post.

I used Durbond 10 years or more on the exact same project the OP posted
about to finish the joints where the concrete board met the drywall. There
has never been a problem.

I did the tape bedding and first top coat in Durobond and then used regular
setting sandable mud for the finish coats.

NOTE: You can not sand Durobond. It is a great time to master the less is
more concept.

--
Colbyt