Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] rbce2003@hotmail.com is offline

Default protecting small OD tubing

I am making a few trinkets that use 5/64 (.078) OD .006 wall brass
tubing. I bought the tubing and the bender from K&S.. the people who
seem to make every size of thin wall tubing known to man. The design
dictates such a thin wall, so that cannot change, so I am looking for
ways to protect this tubing. I have to bend it aout 20 degrees, so I
noticed that aside from just bending the tubing, the coil style tubing
bender... link:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXR791

would do a great job protecting the tubing also.. So... instead of
buying a bunch of tubing bender kits, just for this one size... I am
now looking for a vendor who may sell some this coil type stuff that
would fit my 5/64 OD tubing. I have about 20 short lengths of tubing
to protect, so I need at least several feet of it.

After 20 minutes of googling every wording I could think of, I thought
maybe someone here would know what that stuff is called???

thanks!