Posted to alt.home.repair
Alexander SuperTramp Alexander SuperTramp is offline

Default Whole house sediment filters

We live in Gilbert (phoenix) Arizona, we have a water softener, but we have
always gotten a brown ring in the washer tub, it looks just like the dirt
that is outside.
I was wondering if some type of in line sediment filter might help to
alleviate this, or if the micron rating would be to large( most I have found
are in the 10 micron range).
Should I put it in before the softener or after?

Looking to spend in the sub $100 range with filter that are in the 15-20
range and replaced every 6 months or so.
Any suggestions on filter type?