Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Black foundation

Banty wrote:
Tony Sivori says...
Looks like grease or tar. Perhaps a previous owner did some engine work
there.

Can't see the photos, but is part of the foundation buried? Is the
garage part of your house rather than a separate structure? Could it
maybe be the tarring to waterproof the buried part?

If you have the capability to search by message ID, here's the message ID
of the OP's post to alt.test.

message-id:

To me, looks like used motor oil or grease oozing out of porous concrete
block. It appears to be on a flat surface that is horizontal at the base
of a well shaded and perhaps covered by a carport exterior wall.

Of course, not being there to smell or touch or otherwise examine it
closely puts one at a disadvantage.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.