Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , dpb wrote:

Did you actually run into a situation where it was required to and was
be disclosed on the jurisdiction's disclosure forms to have been done
w/o permits?

I do not know what the law requires as far as disclosures, but most
listings will mention whether the work was or was not permitted. In the
case of bank-owned properties (abundant now) the standard disclaimer
applies: "Buyer to satisfy himself whether bonus room was constructed
with permit or not." The fact that these declarations are so common
leads me to believe they are required.

I've not done anything for several years now, so maybe things have
changed, but I'd never run into that. I will say I've never seen at
least in the free "pick-em-up" MLS listings anything like it even
recently (was thumbing thru one at the coffee shop the other morning
during the general old guy morning klatch)...

Must be something local to your area...