Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air compressor suitability?

wrote in message
The specs a
8 gallon, 1.3 hp running, 125 max psi, 4.5 scfm@40 psi, 3.7 scfm@90
psi.

I wanted it to be able to assist with weekend auto repairs (brakes,
calipers, springs, shocks, etc) and as well have some jobs around the
house (nailing hardwood flooring, new trim work, bathroom renovations)
and I would not mind if it were strong enough to be able to do some
touch up spray painting.

Would people here be able to advise me if this unit would be good
enough for that type of work? If not, what would the limitations be?

I am just a 'weekend warrior' not a commercial outfit, so the usage
would be sporadic at best.

Marginal for some tasks. Great for nailers, filling a tire that is low.
You can airbrush all day, but a regular spray will take more air than the
3.7 cfm. Most take about 7 to 10 cfm. Air tools take a but more also for
repeated use. You could drive a couple of lugs on a wheel, but an air
chisel or grinder is out of the question.

Is portability a necessity? If so, this is good to take into the house for
the trim jobs. If not, go bigger and run an air hose to where you need it.