Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Most efficient water heater?

I'll put them down. AND I CAN afford them. All i have to do is ask you
what is the maximum temperature of your hot water in the winter, when the
incoming water is about 39 degrees? There, the argument is over. There's
NO WAY you can get 140 degree water from 39 degree input with a tankless.
And you can't wash dishes properly with 98 degree water. Hell, I'll bet
with 39 degree input, you can't even take a decent hot shower with all hot
and no cold on.

steve

"ransley" wrote in message

Hallerb , have you used a tankless, no I will bet not, you put them
down because you cant afford one and have never used one. The delay
in hot water arriving might be 5 seconds longer than a tank since it
fires in seconds. 90 % efficent , yea the burner is, so how can you
explain 50-60% Energy Factor on tanks and 83-90 on Tankless. As I said
thats more of a true efficency rating, so what if the tank isnt hot,
what do you think goes up the middle of the tank and out the chimney,
heat!