Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

It's not just how things look either. My inspector made some what of a deal
out of the fact that i didn't have anchor bolts on my sill plate within 6"
of the end of the boards. BUT, they never even questioned as to how or if
the floor joists were fastened to said sill plate. HMMMMMMM..... go
figure.

It's just stuff like that, that make you see how much of a joke the whole
code thing is.

wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:48:10 -0500, dpb wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
Hmmm,
Permit has nothing to do with quality of work. Permitted work means that
it met minimum requirement per code. ...

hmmmm..."met minimum requirement" sounds like a quality thing to me...

Not if fit and finish mean anything to you. You can meet code and have
a very ugly job.