Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

#1. been there done that with the insurance guy. No problem.

#2. not selling the house

#3. Any such questions arise like that with me and I'd just say "Like that
when we got here". Done.

"Mike Paulsen" wrote in message
S. Barker wrote:
ANY work not seen from the outside would be stupid to fool with a permit
and inspections. Just asking for more trouble and work and expense.

Ask your insurance agent what happens if you have a loss which is somehow
related to work done which should have had a permit, but didn't.

When selling a house the purchase agreement may have an area where the
seller must specify any work which was done without a permit. What now?