Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default electrical help needed

albee wrote:

Since you already had a problem with one outlet and the back stabbed
connections it is quite possible that other outlets on the same
circuit have the same problem. I would also double check the
connections on the one outlet that you already replaced. Don't
reuse the existing outlets. Start fresh with new ones and get a
better grade than what you have now.

Thanks, that was my thinking, though didn't think it would be a
different outlet, as only one was in use. And again, wasn't actively
being plugged/unplugged when problem occurred, so can you/someone
explain what goes on inside the outlet when a current is pulled
through it that might cause the disruption? Or could it be the lamp?

Often (like 50%) the problem outlet is not the one with the symptom.

The problem COULD be that the contact surface area is down to 0.001 sq mm.
Any current drawn causes immediate heating which deforms the contacts enough
such that they ceases to conduct.