Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Water Heater and Wet Mystery

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:31:41 -0700 (PDT), " wrote:

"Things are often not as simple as they seem ... "

I am on a hill. Uphill neighbor is a little chapel that's run kinda
like a slumlord rental. 3 or 4 years ago I had similar water problem.
Could actually see small column of water shooting out of hole in
basement floor. Looked everywhere, couldn't find leak. Finally
got a city water inspector to come out, assuming water main break
or somesuch. Turns out the derelicts in the chapel had a plumbing
problem. I had to get the city alder-critter to help force them to
(allegedly) fix it.

water coming up from under floor? happened before but you never
metioned it.....

It was a freak event. I still don't understand the mechanics of it.
But I saw a licensed plumber hauling tons of new pipe, etc for
the repair. 'Twere never supposed to happen again.

if water from that source can get in any can, time for a interior
french drain ...........

That got considered years ago. I got the sump, not the french
drain. Works fine for several years now. Takes too long to discuss
the french drain issue.

"Blues starts to rolling ...
stops at my front do'.
I'm gonna change my way of livin' ...
won't have to worry no mo'."
- from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1934