Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water filter Question

"dellphinus" wrote in message

OK, I guess I didn't ask the real question- what type housings and
cartridges will qive me equivalent performance to the ones I
mentioned? From what I've been able to see in the catalogs
(Grainger), it looks like a 5 micron and a .5 micron carbon block
would be equivalnet, but I'm really just guessing based on reading
what the above units calim to reduce, and what the cartridges claim to
reduce.

Any housing that takes the standard 10" cartridge will work the same. I've
been using the GE carbon filters because they are readily available but
others will work also.