Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pale wood furniture turning yellow

Beano wrote:

I have some of that lime washed pale coloured furniture from Freedom.
I've had it for about a year and it's starting to go yellow. The
coffee table isn't as bad but the TV table is really ugly now. Is
there a way I can clean this yellow off, or is it the wood?

Only way is to remove the finish and sand the wood down below the oxidized
top coat. Use a finish with UV protection and it will last longer before it
yellows again. This is a natural occurrence with most woods.