Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Dishwasher screwed in from the TOP and then tiled over (how to secure now?)

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:31:10 -0700, Anthony Matonak
wrote:

Donna Ohl wrote:
How can I secure my dishwasher now that it is fixed?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2337210342/

Every time I shut the door, it moves backward because there's no way I can
get to the screws that were holding it in in the first place.

Is it normal for a dishwasher to be screwed in at the top & then tiled
over?

No, you are missing the under-counter flange or bracket. It's a piece
(or pieces) of metal that is attached to the top of the dishwasher where
your screws were and it sticks out. This lets you screw up into the
bottom of the counter to attach the washer.

Here is a link to a photo showing how one looks, this guy had straps
instead of a single flange but it's the same idea.

http://www.howiesdiy.com/

If you can't find the appropriate part, you could probably fashion
something out of sheet metal or steel straps fairly easily.

Anthony

And, related to the existing screws in the photo, just snip them off
with diagonal cutters.

Use two new screws to secure the washer into the wood counter.