Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Costs of roof repairs

"Merlin" wrote:

I'm happy you found a good company! Price seems lower than I would have
thought. Are they redoing all the tiles too? Or did you luck up and have
only 1 layer so they can add another this time?

The roofer said that the shingles are in great shape and that the 3
layers of them can be reused with no problems. They will reattach them
after replacing the wood. Only two layers are allowed on new
installations now, but if reused, he'll be able to use all 3 layers
without problems.

I'd be slightly worried at reusing any but with 3 layers, perhaps it is
possible to get 2 workbale ones left. He may have to spot piece some new
material there but if it's a close match, it may not be that obvious.

It's the slow season for roofing in Northern Florida right now, so
maybe that's reflected in the price.

The roofer said they will be in and out in one day. He says this is a
pretty small job for a roofer.

Good! Our job was bigger but done in time so we look great now. I shudder
at what some of the other houses on my block are paying due to delay.