Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
S. Barker writes:

ANY work not seen from the outside would be stupid to fool with a
permit and inspections. Just asking for more trouble and work and
expense.

Until your neighbors rat you out.

Ever been to Home Depot or Lowes? What do you think the Town Hall office
would look like the next day when everyone there is applying for a permit?

Any work done should be according to code for safety reasons, but minor
work, the town has no business getting involved.

I've heard in a lot of places you HAVE to get a permit to change out a hot
water heater. I do know that in Las Vegas, earthquake straps are a
requirement now on hot water heaters. In Las Vegas, that makes about as
much sense as a Snow Shovel Store.

Steve