Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cccgolluzram@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Above ground pool?

Do yourself a favor since the liner is 6 yrs. old . Replace it ! I
replace mine after 3 yrs w/ similar problem . The warranty's are
useles as far as how long those things are supposed to last anyway -
as far as I am concerned . With reservation , I decided to do it
myself for the first time w/ help from only the wife . It ended up
working fairly well . Just make sure when you take the old one off ,
get on your hands and knees and get out as much of the garbage
affecting your liner floor . You would be surprised how much works
it's way up thru that sand that is sharp , especially after 6 years .
At least that is my opinion .

I know a guy who lost 2 liners over 3 years , causing damage to
both his and a neighbors garage , plus the neighbors basement . Is it
worth the trouble ? Will repairing eliminate the Underlying Problem ?
Probably not . I too live in Chicago . Good Luck.