Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default Is it water or oil based polyeurathane?

2years old. I'm tempted to say it's not mellow yellowish. No longer
can contact original owner. Would acetone or thinner remove poly if
it were oil-based? I'm thinking to test a patch in the closet.

If it is fairly new, just look at the wood. *water based goes on water
clear. *Oil based give a mellow yellowish tinge to the wood. I fit is very
old, it may be darkened anyway. *As the original owner if it stunk up the
house for a day or two? If so it is oil based.