Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
news
In article , "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

How much? I've scanned your message for numbers, but I've found none.

There's a reason for that, Kanter: permit fees vary widely from one place
the next. Some places, it's a flat fee. Other places, the fee is based on
the
value of the work.

I'm asking because (as you may have guessed) I'm wondering if the cost of
non-compliance will make the cost of non-compliance look like peanuts in
comparison. I suspect it doesn't matter to the maverick in question, though.

But in the non-compliance situations, the fees involved are always
peanuts compared to fines, costs of tearing things down, attorney's fees
if one decides to dig their heels in and fight city hall, etc. etc.etc.