Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Best caulk for hardie siding?

On Mar 16, 7:41 am, Steve wrote:
"LYLE MOYER" wrote on 16 Mar 2008 in group
alt.home.repair:

Just had the house sided with Hardie siding and now need to paint it.
What is the best caulk to use for Hardie siding? The house is in
Dallas, Texas.

Any good caulk will work. I buy DAP painters caulk by the case. It cures
quickly and is paintable in about 30 minutes.

Make sure the caulk says it's paintable and is designed for outdoor use,
preferably on siding.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

I'd have to disagree with this one. While latex caulks are user
friendly, they will not remain flexible nearly as long as a good
urethane caulk. I'd use OSI quad. (http://www.osiproseries.com/
Category.aspx?CategoryID=Window-Siding-Sealants). Superior adhesion,
superior flexibility when compared to latex.