Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't upset the inspector

"SteveB" wrote in message
We just did a 1,000sf addition to our house, and the inspector was a joy,
although we heard from others what a putz he was. We just did it
according to the code, and several times he told us what code was and how
he wanted it.

There are, or course, a few putzes for inspectors, but often the inspectee
makes them that way. Follow the code, do what he wants, things go smooth.
Don't curse or demean him or his position or the laws he has to uphold no
matter how dumb you think they are.

We have a state licensing inspector/examiner with a reputation for being a
hard assed p***k. I think he is a heck of a nice guy. When I had to call
him to have some people tested in a short time frame, I had my concerns.
When he answered the phone, my first words were "I need your help". The man
helped considerably, gave me all the time I needed and we got the job done.