Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_5_] SteveB[_5_] is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

I'm curious what a permit would cost him. Any idea?

They will tell you at the permit office followed by, "You got a problem with
that?"

It costs what it costs. Projects done according to Hoyle are a breeze. We
just did a 1,000sf addition to our house, and the inspector was a joy,
although we heard from others what a putz he was. We just did it according
to the code, and several times he told us what code was and how he wanted
it. He saw we were owner contractors using subs that he knew for the most
part. The work was quality work, save the sheetrock. He saw from the get
go that we just wanted to build this and do it right. People who want to
build things their own way just don't get it. Unless you live in a very
remote place, there are rules.

Messing with the inspector is about as smart as really ****ing off your
barber before a haircut.

Or a shave.