Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Plumbing question

You're best off taking the t out and replacing it. After you clean all the
solder off the pipes the best you can. And no , on the wet rag. You'll
never get it hot on the third side if you have that rag heat sinking the
heat away.

wrote in message
I want to tap into an existing cold water line in my garage. Without
giving more explanation than necessary, I want to know if I can de-
solder the bottom of a T connection without ruining the two straight
connections across the top. In this case, the two parallel connections
are 3/4 inch, and the connection I want to remove the pipe from is 1/2
inch. Can I wrap the joints I want to leave in place with a wet cloth?
Is that even necessary? Thanks in advance for any help.
Eric