Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default 2.4v lightbulb for 2 AA batteries?

In article , mm wrote:

I bought a flashlight that came with two spare bulbs, that say on them
2.4v. So does the one in the flashlight. The flashlight uses two
batteries in series, and I thought that should be 3 volts. Is this
"normal" or is the bulb going to burn out quickly? Or what?

Flashlight bulbs are normally rated for about 1.2-1.25 volts per cell,
so as to achieve full brightness when the batteries are in, in my words,
"average condition". There is also some consideration for "average"
internal resistance of the batteries.

- Don Klipstein )