Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Don't upset the inspector

On Mar 15, 4:36*pm, "DanG" wrote:
A friend who shall remain nameless called. *He lives in the county
in a different state. *He launched into a small addition with no
permit. *He has it framed and dried in. *He received a letter from
the county ordering him to cease and desist. *He called wondering
what they can do to him if he just keeps going.

I didn't really have an answer. *I did tell him that if there was
a need for the electric company to do any work on the service,
they would not perform without permit approval. *Other than that,
what can they do? *This guy is a bit of a renegade. *I explained
about the yes, sir/no,sir - gee, I'm sorry approach. *He's headed
a bit more along the my castle, my kingdom, damn the torpedoes
approach.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

It is a dammable shame that property owners cannot build their own
homes. It is happening all over the US. The insurance companies and
financial institutions have attempted to stop people from building
their own homes so people are forced to go into debt. I live in
Alaska in a borough where we can build our own homes, put in our own
wells, and septic systems. That is why I live in Alaska and suggest
the rest of you move here and help us keep the banks and insurance
companies out of our lives.
My motto is this: I had rather live in a 2 by 4 shack that I own than
live in a mansion with a mortgage.