Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't upset the inspector

"DanG" wrote in message
A friend who shall remain nameless called. He lives in the county in a
different state. He launched into a small addition with no permit. He has
it framed and dried in. He received a letter from the county ordering him
to cease and desist. He called wondering what they can do to him if he
just keeps going.

I didn't really have an answer. I did tell him that if there was a need
for the electric company to do any work on the service, they would not
perform without permit approval. Other than that, what can they do? This
guy is a bit of a renegade. I explained about the yes, sir/no,sir - gee,
I'm sorry approach. He's headed a bit more along the my castle, my
kingdom, damn the torpedoes approach.

I'm curious what a permit would cost him. Any idea?