Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Water Heater and Wet Mystery

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:05:03 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:

Does your furnace have a condensate drain? I had the exact same scare
(after my T&P valve flooded the basement) and it ended up being the
rubber condensate drain tubing inside the furnace.

Good point. I shoulda mentioned. Single stage 80% furnace.
Simplest possible. No condensate drain.

I've had a lot of different items put water on my basement floor, slowly
but surely I've been tracking them all down and sealing 'em up...

I guess most everybody with a basement in a 40+ yr. old house
has been doing similar. Sho'ly true of me last 20+ years.

Thx,

"Blues starts to rolling ...
stops at my front do'.
I'm gonna change my way of livin' ...
won't have to worry no mo'."
- from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1934