Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Hey everyone.

Billy Rowe wrote:
Well, I see the holes. But, the cover looks like it has two tabs on
the side. I prssed on it, and it looks like its taking off the hole
battery cover.
Well, on the side of the battery, there is two holes. I tried pressing
them up with a screw driver, but they didnt budge.

Does the battery say anything on it about "sealed"? Most do if so,
altho not quite as prevalent as used to be before none were. If it
does, then the cell covers aren't designed to be removed. If it isn't
sealed, it _might_ say something about checking fluid level.

I can't tell at all what you're really talking about as far as the
description--I assumed by "holes" you were looking into each cell w/ the
cover/lid already off.

If it isn't sealed, some do have fairly large caps--if it comes up
_relatively_ easily w/ the lever action, you're ok -- as it comes up
they will loosen up some; it's just a friction fit to keep from leaking.

Whatever the holes on the side are, they aren't fluid filler holes--I'm
guessing perhaps it has the alternate side terminal mounts for the
stud-type connections, but I'm at a loss otherwise for "holes" on the
side of a battery--and certainly not six of them which would have to
have for a 12V.