Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice on home buying process, PLEASE HELP!

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:25:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

My realtor wants me to put as much earnest money as possible to get it
closed as quickly as possible.
He also believes that will help him for negotiation process.

Write a check for $1000.00 when the contract is signed. That is
earnest money. It implies you intend to complete the deal.

You can loose earnest money if the deal falls through.

Don't confuse this with the money - 20% applied towards the loan or
mortgage. They are not the same...down payment... Now, the earnest
money applies towards the percentage you put down when you close the
deal.