Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Falling trees from taking them down

On Mar 13, 12:34�pm, "Bill" wrote:
Cutting down trees is one of the most dangerous occupations there is!

Climbing the tree to "top it" or cut it down is even more dangerous,
although this can safely be done by tree professionals who have the proper
training, equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), and assistance on
the ground from trained helpers.

A professional who can do this safely is called a "certified arborist". They
work for tree businesses which have all the right training and equipment
plus tons of insurance.

The safest way to do this is with a large "bucket truck". With this truck,
you can get *above* and *away* from a branch you are going to cut high up on
the tree. When it falls, it will fall away from you. Additionally when these
trees are near homes, long ropes are tied to each branch being cut and each
branch is safely lowered to the ground insuring no damage to nearby
property.

So far as the sheriff, I would not expect such a person to be properly
trained in such matters nor would I expect such a person to have much
knowledge of civil law, liability, worker injuries, etc. I would expect such
a person to have extensive knowledge of criminal law which is another
matter.

And how would you feel if a person working up in your tree was injured or
killed doing this work for you? Might want to protect such persons from
themselves unless they have been trained to do this work...

Man Killed While Trimming Tree...http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...07/03/29/AR200...

Tree Injuries and Fatalities...http://www.arboristsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Chain Saw Injury Statistics...http://www.elvex.com/facts08.htm

Chainsaw accidents...http://www.google.com/search?num=20&...nsaw+accidents

"Terry" �wrote in message
What kind of insurance is available for having trees cut down?

I have a house that I inherited from my parents. �I have been renting
it for over 10 years with no insurance. �No one is currently living in
the house but we may let my niece move in.

It is in a place that is going commercial, so the land is worth more
without the house than with the small house.

There are pine trees that are at least 50 year old and very high.

I have a guy that says he will climb the trees and cut them for free
just for the wood.

I plan to ask if he has insurance, but have not yet. �If it turns out
that he has no insurance what happens if a tree falls on neighbors
property?- Hide quoted text -

dont panic, my neighbor has climbed tons of trees, and a expert at it.
drops trees exactly where they need to go.

if everyone who did anything was required to have insurance costs
would skyrocket.

heck a handyman doing some plumbing could do a lot of damage

or just hanging a picture anyone could hit a power line or water line
and cause a disaster.

i would be more concerned with a stranger getting hurt by accident on
your property and suing .......... its a bigger risk