Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Thinking of using Benjamin Moore, but...

On 03/14/08 11:39 am wrote:

On Mar 14, 9:10�am, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 03/14/08 09:48 am Bill wrote:

Walk into a house, any house, and tell me by looking at the walls what brand
of paint they used. Was it the cheapest paint or some expensive brand?
I can't tell myself so I get the cheap stuff. Looks OK to me....

More important, IMO, is how easy the paint is to apply, how many coats
it takes to cover whatever was there before, and how long it will last
before the surface needs repainting. A freshly painted wall *may* (but I
could be wrong) not look much different whether it was done with
$50/gal. Benjamin Moore "Aura" or with the cheapest stuff from HD,
Lowe's or Wal-Mart.

I like Behr paint from home depot. have been using it on multiple
homes for years. wears great too

I've never used Behr, so I cannot speak from experience, but I've run
across diametrically opposed opinions on the 'Net. One person said that
he used it on the outside of a house and it lasted six months. Behr
refunded his money, but he still had the job of getting the Behr off and
starting over with a good paint. Another (apparently a professional)
said that if the homeowner insists on Behr he ups his labor charge to
compensate for the difficulty of using it. Another (also apparently a
professional) said that his sister wanted him to paint her house with
some Behr she had already bought; he told her to take it back, and if
she couldn't take it back to pour it down the toilet because he refused
to use it.

One HD employee told me that the contractors prefer Glidden to Behr
because it's thinner and goes on more easily, and they don't care if it
doesn't last as long.

Perce