Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
No Name

Default Can Fla. insurance co. be held to homeowners binder rate that differs from policy rate due to incorrect info submitted by agent?

In article , says...
Doc writes:

That's what I thought. There's absolutely no way to call this a
"partial hip" roof correct? Sounds like the agent was engaging in some
bait 'n switch or just tossing crap and seeing what sticks.

If the underwriter insists you have a hip roof and you don't, you should
go elsewhere. It means the company has underwriters who aren't
knowledgeable enough to write correct policies.

Or the underwriters are working of a field inspection by a marginally-
competent drive-by inspector. An agent I know had a house declined for
having an "open foundation" -- actually, it was a brand new concrete
foundation, the pictures were so bad the black waterproofing coating on
the concrete looked like the shadow of an open foundation.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/