Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default High temp patch for instahot tank

On Mar 13, 10:55*am, Joy wrote:
My 3 1/2 year old Insinkerator insta-hot water dispenser (model H770) *
sprang a leak in the plastic case. I can't even see the crack but a soap *
water bubble test while pressurizing the tank shows it is there. It seems *
to be near or along a 'rib' of the plastic tank.

Can anyone suggest an easily available high temp, waterproof glue or patch *
material to try a repair? It's hard plastic and obviously stays quite hot *
all the time with 190+ degree water in it.

I see the newer models have a stainless steel tank. The company says it is *
to stay competitive. I wonder if that's the real reason.

Thanks for any repair suggestions before having to purchase a new one.

Joy

You could repair it with a fiberglass epoxy composite patch, but the
materials and techniques are far beyond the average DIY capabilities.
The common sense recourse is to eliminate your stress by replacing
the failed unit. Almost a no-brainer considering the new design is
better suited to the job. HTH

Joe