Posted to misc.legal,alt.home.repair,alt.smokers,alt.hvac
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Lanlord liable for tobacco smoke getting into my apt?

wrote:

ahh smoker wake up.

tobacco smopke is full of carcinogens, and second hand smoke a known
health risk.

Second-hand smoke is a known health risk only to the CDC and that knowledge
came to them, evidently, by divine revelation inasmuch as there is no
scientific study establishing such a risk.

landlord should be required to have healthy building.

Why? We've got a willing buyer and and a willing seller. Buyer's remorse is
not grounds for voiding a contract.

easiest way is to require by law smokers to live in sealed areas,
landlords can supply thjem for a extra 500 bucks a month rent.

Or the marketplace could choose. This is a smoking apartment building, this
one is not.

that shouldnt be a problem a 2 pack a day smoker around here spends
over $2300, might as well set fire to the money.

Same could be said for someone who spends $3k a year on HDTV, a sports car,
or, in my case, guns.

tobacco prices should increase to pay health insurance costs for
smokers....

Already done.

as is we all pay and that isnt right

If you don't want to pay, buy your insurance from a company that doesn't
insure smokers.