Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default Speaking of front load washers

On Mar 12, 2:24 am, "Pete C." wrote:
Paul Franklin wrote:

While we're talking about front load washers, what's with the price of
the drawer pedestals sold to raise them up??? Buying two of them adds
$400-500 to the price! This has got to be an ADP (additional dealer
profit) type item....

Paul F.

Screw the peds, get the stack. Separate units side by side is a waste of
space. Put a full wardrobe / cabinet in the space vacated by the extra
box.

Yeah, you do gain some floor space, but at what price? Being 6' 5", I
am spoiled with the pedestal that raises both washer and dryer up to a
level where I don't have to strain my back loading and unloading
laundry.

Then I put cabinets above both units for storage, and my wardrobe
closet is elsewhere.

Just my thoughts; of course, YMMV.