Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Falling trees from taking them down

Often trees are take down from the top. Climb up with a chain saw cutting
branches as you go then cut off top sections working your way down. Kinda
scary watching them do it but that way no large pieces fall. If he is
proposing to cut the whole tree at once, be sure he is insured in case the
tree decides to fall the wrong way.
"Terry" wrote in message
What kind of insurance is available for having trees cut down?

I have a house that I inherited from my parents. I have been renting
it for over 10 years with no insurance. No one is currently living in
the house but we may let my niece move in.

It is in a place that is going commercial, so the land is worth more
without the house than with the small house.

There are pine trees that are at least 50 year old and very high.

I have a guy that says he will climb the trees and cut them for free
just for the wood.

I plan to ask if he has insurance, but have not yet. If it turns out
that he has no insurance what happens if a tree falls on neighbors
property?