Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

pltrgyst wrote
Cape Cod Bob wrote

Non stick pans have a definite place in t he kitchen - crepe pans for example.

There is no reason to prefer non-stick for crepes.

Wrong.

You might note that there are no non-stick commercial crepe makers.

Thats because the detail is different with commercial operations.

All I do on my commercial crepe makers is use clarified butter,

And if you use a non stick, you dont need to use anything at all.

and there is never the slightest sticking or build-up.

There isnt any that matters with a non stick either.

However, Non stick woks do not.

I would point out that no less a chef than Ming Tsai often uses a non-stick wok.

Irrelevant to what also works.