Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Have I blown a fuse, or what?

wrote in message
I was using a Skil saw and managed to saw through the extension cord,
too.

After repairing the cord, I couldn't get power to the saw. The
extension cord was plugged into a 'weatherproof' outlet on the outside
wall of the house. I then tried a drill motor in that outlet and it
was definitely 'dead'. 2 outlets inside the garage were also 'dead'
but a 3rd one (a GFCI outlet) was working, so I finishing my sawing.

I then went to the breaker box but couldn't find a 'tripped' breaker
so, one by one, I turned each breaker off and on but still had no
power to my 'dead' outlets.

If someone has a suggestion as to what I might have screwed up here, I
would really appreciate it.

TIA.

Lewis.

*****

The outside outlet was likely fed from a GFCI outlet elsewhere in the house,
which was also feeding the other dead outlets. Look in bathrooms, garage,
basement and other outside outlet locations for the offending GFCI outlet
and reset it. If there are none, I would suspect that the GFCI in the garage
is defective