Posted to alt.home.repair
dicko dicko is offline

Default What bait to use in mousetraps?

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:17:33 GMT, wrote:

I'm using these:
http://tinyurl.com/3d5nkn

These are good because if my toddler puts his finger in it, it won't
hurt. These have worked great for me in the past. It closes on the
mouse's upper body and squeezes until he can't breathe anymore.

It's fun to watch, too.

I'm glad I used these, because I see already one of the kids decided
to help out by sticking a Cheerio in the PB.

The other kind looks like this, but it's a spring trap. I have these
in the nooks and crannies where my kids won't get at them.

The glue traps are 100%, but my wife freaks out when she hears the
mouse shrieking in his death throes.

I like these too. They're also available at any Walgreens drugstore.

I use crunchy peanut butter as bait, and I spread it on the underside
of the top of trap, not the trigger paddle.

-dickm