Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default What bait to use in mousetraps?

wrote:

I've had no mouse activity this Fall/Winter, then all of the sudden
within the last week there's poop everywhere.

I've put traps out. I have 2 kinds: spring traps, and the kind that
squeeze the mouse until he suffocates (my favorite).

I baited them with peanut butter, and the little *******s lick them
clean every night! I don't know how they do it. I've tested the
traps and they all have hair triggers. They usually go off when I'm
just setting them down.

What should I bait them with that will cause the little pricks to have
to work at it?

Mash up some white bread with a little p.b. and mold it to the trigger
on the spring trap. Don't
re-use traps.