Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

"Lou Decruss" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:11:37 -0500, Peter A
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Yep - my goal is eggs where all the white is set but the yolk is still
runny. I use a 6 inch nonstick pan over just-below-medium heat. Melt a
little butter and put in 2 eggs, salt & white pepper, then cover with a
glass lid. Cook for about 5 minutes. The cover traps the heat so you do
not have to "over easy" the eggs to cook all the white. You can check
for doneness by jiggling the pan to see if the whites right around the
yolk (the last to cook) still tremble.

Hi Peter,

Ooops... I was in omelet mode,
--
Kenneth

For omelets I use a 6 inch aluminum pan with sloped sides - it is the
oldest pan I own. I bought it about 30 years ago based on the
recommendation of Julia Child (and the fact that I could afford it).

I have never seen a cast iron pan with the proper shape for omelets.

For omelets I use stainless. But I wouldn't mind trying an aluminum
pan if I had one. Actually I might add an aluminum pan to my wish
list.

Lou

Why, if you have stainless steel pans?