Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Can Fla. insurance co. be held to homeowners binder rate that differs from policy rate due to incorrect info submitted by agent?

"Doc" wrote in message
She said after looking at pictures, she thought it would qualify as a
"partial hip"roof and said she's still trying to get corporate to give
me "somewhat of a discount".

This is the roof in question:

http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/my_roof.jpg

Do you see any basis to call this anything but a gable roof?

Looks like a cross gable to me.

Since the binder reflects the amended amount she quoted me over the
phone, do I have any basis to hold the company to this since the lower
quote was based on the information this agent submitted?

A binder is just that. The insurance company has the final say, not the
agent.