Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:01:04 -0600, Lou Decruss
wrote:

The new Lodge pans have a different finish than the older ones. I've
got lodge pans over 10 years old that aren't as good as the older
ones. For cooking meat on high heat there's no difference. But try
making eggs in a new Lodge pan.

Lou

Hi Lou,

If they are coated with something, I would remove it.

Then, with an iron surface, when the pan is hot enough for
water droplets to "dance" rather than boil, and with some
butter tossed in, eggs will slide right out of the pan.

All the best,
--
Kenneth