Posted to alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Default Fridge too cold

pipedown wrote:
I think I know what's wrong but I wanted to get a second opinion from
those who probably know more.

My Sears Refrigerator (Regular freezer on top kind) is freezing up in
the fridge compartment. I have already verified that all vents are
clear and I can hear the fans run free and twice partially defrosted
it and still it freezes up (~20F).

Looking at the parts diagram, I see there are 2 thermistors one in
freezer and one for the fridge and an electronic control module

I think it is the fridge thermister and think I should just go and
replace it and see what happens. Does this sound like the best
course of action?
Anybody know what the thermister should read out on a multimeter
(ohms while hot and hold)? so I can test it. Any other useful go
no-go tests I can try to verify the failed part?

Reference to parts drawing for my model
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...Sub+Components

At least too cold won't ruin the food inside and I have some time even
though I need to thaw the milk for a glassfull.

Thanks in advance'

You might check the door seal. The frost build up can be caused by excess
humidty entering the freezer. The manufactuer suggests checking the door
seal, and cleaning with a cloth and some light cleaning solution [read
soap].

--
Zyp