Posted to alt.home.repair
pipedown pipedown is offline

Default Fridge too cold

I think I know what's wrong but I wanted to get a second opinion from those
who probably know more.

My Sears Refrigerator (Regular freezer on top kind) is freezing up in the
fridge compartment. I have already verified that all vents are clear and I
can hear the fans run free and twice partially defrosted it and still it
freezes up (~20F).

Looking at the parts diagram, I see there are 2 thermistors one in freezer
and one for the fridge and an electronic control module

I think it is the fridge thermister and think I should just go and replace
it and see what happens. Does this sound like the best course of action?

Anybody know what the thermister should read out on a multimeter (ohms while
hot and hold)? so I can test it. Any other useful go no-go tests I can
try to verify the failed part?

Reference to parts drawing for my model
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...Sub+Components

At least too cold won't ruin the food inside and I have some time even
though I need to thaw the milk for a glassfull.

Thanks in advance'