Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Costs of roof repairs

On Mar 2, 1:32�pm, "cshenk" wrote:
I know some people who couldnt afford a new roof. so they picked the
worst side and had 1/2 replaced the front. home looked good from
street, street side was worse anyway

the back they gooed with roof tar, and some cheap mobile home roof
coating. it looked bad but stopped most of the leaks.

2 or 3 years later they replaced the other side of the roof.

its something to consider when fiancially challenged.

Thats close to what we did but the back was done first, as it was in worse
shape, then later the front (which was overall in fairly good shape except a
few spots).

yeah it cuts cost by half.........

often the worst side is the one that gets the most sun... espically in
sunny areas, like the desert south west.

when buying a new roof your better off to go to a white or light
colored roof, shingles last longer summer roof temperatures lower. add
ventilation too