Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Limed oak

On Mar 2, 8:34*am, "GM" no wrote:
I want to achieve a limed oak effect for some new oak doors. *Googling has
taught me that this seems to be a UK thing (typical - limeys) and not that
popular here, and nor can I find many products here. *Has anyone done this
using products available in HD etc? *Any tips gratefully received

It was commom in the US in the 30-40s it is I believe a wash of
thinned pigment, Milk Paint is a name, its nearly impossible to remove
when restoring old Milk Painted wood. A real paint store should be
able to direct you Benjamin Moore stores, probably have a product. But
I would think a thinned down stain would do fine, test what you want
on scrap wood.